March 20, 2013

March of Macarons: Happy Macaron Day!


Ah, the first day of spring! March 20th, a day of warm sun, dainty spring buds, green grass, fresh fruit, pastels, and macarons!

Since Piere Herme first began the tradition eight years ago, the first day of spring has shared the title of the Jour du Macaron or Macaron Day, an international celebration for the classy meringue cookie, the French macaron.

Since I do have a minor macaron obsession, I thought I would encourage you all to celebrate by visiting your nearest participating patisserie and by picking up your own macaron for free. And it's for a good cause too!

Here's a post listing some participating patisseries to help you find your mac for the day!

Sadly, I cannot make the four hour drive to the nearest patisserie on a whim...or can I?


Au Revoir!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...